Friday, June 8, 2012

Chase's Broken Arm

As we were starting to get ready for Chandler's final ball game on Thursday night Chase went outside to play on the trampoline.  He decided he wanted to be a monkey and swing from the bar across the top of the trampoline that used to hold the enclosure/net.  While he's holding and swinging on the bar, his hand slipped and he fell to the ground.  As Carson comes in to calmly tell me that Chase needed me, he proceeded to tell me what happened next and finally says mama, he's crying and needs you!  Well, I knew if he was crying he must be hurt.  I walked outside and he's laid out on the ground.  I had to bring him in and put him in the recliner.  I had him sit in the chair while I get a shower quickly because the time is now 4:30 and I need to be ready in 30 minutes!  When I got out of the shower he was in my bathroom saying his wrist was hurting really bad and he thinks he might of broken it:(  After thinking quickly about our insurance, I knew I should take him on the Dr. instead of waiting until later on and having to go to the emergency room for the "hospital" bill!  So my sister called the Dr. office while I got dressed and they said that Dr. White would wait on me.  As she's helping Chase to get his shoes on, he starts to pass out on us.  Now that was scary!!   So we just put him in my car and I headed to the dr. with him.  She dropped Chandler and Carson off to Todd for me so he could get Chandler to his last game.  Once we got to the dr. they took the x-ray and said he indeed broke his wrist.  He knew what he was telling me at home!  So we had to go on to Athens Orthopedic on Friday to have it put in a cast.  Beginning of summer and he has a cast for the next 4 weeks.

















No comments:

Post a Comment